KIDS DIRECTOR | COLUMBIA
The Bridge Church is a fast growing church in Spring Hill and Columbia that has grown from 80 to over 2500 since 2008. The Bridge Church is located in a growing community where the one of the highest population is birth - 10 years old. In order to seize opportunity in reaching kids with the gospel and have a ministry that can have maximum impact we want to see our Kids Ministry become a missional/evangelistic force in the city.
The Kids Director will equip staff and volunteers to walk in kids lives, partner with parents in discipling their kids, and manage all the day to day operations of a fast paced kids ministry. This role will be responsible for raising up the next generation of disciples that will continue the movement of The Bridge Church for all people to Know God, Find Freedom, Discover Calling and Make a Difference.
- Fulfill the membership requirements of The Bridge
- Fulfill the character qualities of a deacon as outlined in Scripture
- Live out staff behaviors and participate in staff activities: weekly meetings, retreats, etc
- Ability to see and articulate the vision of The Bridge while executing the tasks to fulfill it.
- Strong relational capacity that others want to work with and great communication skills; Interpersonal, Non-Verbal, Written & Oral Excellent organizational leader, with a driven personality that thrives in high-pressure situations with lofty goals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage all kids ministry day to day operations in Columbia.
- Create world class programing: weekly where kids are coming to know Christ and being discipled - includes teaching and resourcing other teachers.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of combined events such as child dedication and training.
- Equip staff and volunteers to be the “pastors”of the kids in their span of care
- Communicate regularly with leaders through email, text or slack.
- Contribute to an engaging social media plan that supports all of Bridge Kids.
- Partner with parents to equip them to be the primary discipler of their children.
- Lead the charge on baptism counseling and scheduling with kids.
- Update all metrics and online systems regularly with info.
- Utilize the follow up process to keep track of all lapsed attendees both kids and leaders.
- Contribute to curriculum prep as needed by Ministry Champion and recruit volunteers to help.
- Be available for other duties when asked by Columbia Pastor.
- Contribute and create an engaging Sunday morning culture for all leaders and members.
SCHEDULE: Sunday - Thursday (available for special events, retreats, etc.)
DIRECT REPORT: Campus Pastor