The Bridge Church is a fast-growing church in Middle Tennessee that exists to see people know God, find freedom, discover calling, and make a difference. This mission, coupled with our aim to expand x10 throughout the Middle Tennessee area, has created a growing need to raise up and develop future church leaders. The Director of Leadership Development will be responsible for cultivating a leadership development process for gospel centered, mission focused leaders.
The Director of Leadership Development will take the lead in developing a comprehensive Leadership Development Process for interns, residents, and staff growth. They will own the success of the residency and internship programs, be the architecture of Bridge U (gap year program), and the content, implementation, and quality control of a staff development process (including a bank of resources).
- Fulfill the membership requirements of The Bridge (commit to model joyful generosity by tithing)
- Strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Ability to see and articulate the leadership behaviors of The Bridge
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A proven ability to lead and grow “the trellis” (organizational growth)
- Strong relational capacity and an ability to lead others at a high level
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the primary oversight and growth of The Bridge Residency Program (i.e. development of a robust curriculum and leadership development pipeline)
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and placement of all Residents.
- Work across the organization to equip and coach those leaders overseeing Residents.
- Oversee and quality control all Resident Syncs, meetings and resident events.
- Recruit and lead a team of Resident mentors and Resident host families.
- Manage The Bridge Residency Instagram account to increase engagement in the program and spread the mission of the gospel by reaching the new generation of church leaders.
- Oversee and develop an internship program that helps feed ministry areas (worship, creative, production, student ministry, kids ministry)
- Launch The Bridge’s first ever “Culture Gathering”.
- Write the playbook for our Leadership Pipeline process (Bridge U, Residency, Staff Personal Growth plans)
- Work with People Ops to create a Leadership 101 (leading self), 201 (leading others/management), 301 (theological development), 401 (organizational leadership) for every new staff member to go through.
- Work towards a 5 year plan to launch a “Bridge U” (gap year program to develop future church leaders by giving them exposure and hands-on ministry training).
SCHEDULE: Sunday - Thursday
HOURS: 45 (must be available for special events & meetings, etc as needed)
STAFF LEVEL: Director: reports to the Director of People Operations