The Bridge Church is a fast-growing church in Middle Tennessee that exists to be a movement for all people to know God, find freedom, discover calling, and make a difference. This mission, coupled with our aim to expand and reach 30,000 people throughout the Middle Tennessee area by 2030, has created a growing need for a Missions Director to be our primary point of contact for foreign and local missions efforts.
The Missions Director will execute, implement, and resource the “Going” portion of The Bridge’s strategy. They will be responsible for developing and leading volunteer teams for foreign and local mission work. This person will ensure that we are forming partnerships with the best ROI for the largest kingdom impact.
• Fulfill the membership requirements of The Bridge (commit to model joyful generosity by tithing)
• Strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ
• Ability to see and articulate the leadership behaviors of The Bridge
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Organized and proficient in project management
• Proven ability to lead leaders and a volunteer team
• Self-directed, solution-oriented, and has a natural bias towards execution
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fully responsible for Bridge missions (Missions budget, trips, partnerships, and strategic initiatives).
• Recruit, train, and onboard volunteers for local & global Bridge missions and long-term kingdom workers.
• Find and communicate vision gaps (missions opportunities and funds needed to seize those opportunities) to the Lead Pastor of Strategy.
• Plan and implement a calendar for local and global mission opportunities and events.
• Identify and maintain healthy missions partnerships with maximum kingdom impact.
• Organize and project manage our “Love My City Day” (responsible for growing the event by 50% participation // Goal of 20% church-wide engagement)
• Create, organize, and project manage additional one-time and ongoing opportunities for reaching new people in the local community with the gospel.
• Ensure that there are monthly touch points with all missions partners (to examine health, love on them, and get stories and stats)
• Responsible for managing the No More Fatherless Adoption Grant process including information nights, application process, and follow-up.
• Work with the communications team to capture adoption stories and missions/outreach event to educate the church on the needs and opportunities in the local and global church community.
• Responsible for planning, QC, communicating, and scheduling 2-3 trips per year (running these trips through volunteer leaders).
SCHEDULE: Monday - Thursday
HOURS: 29 hours per week (must be available for special events & meetings, etc as needed)
STAFF LEVEL: Director (reports to Finance Director)
Your application was submitted successfully.