The Bridge Church is a multisite church in Middle Tennessee that exists to be with Jesus and become like Him for the sake of the world. We are located in a growing community with a passion to reach our cities with the gospel and invest in the next generations who become a missional/evangelistic force in our area. This desire has created the need for Student Director at our Columbia campus.
The Student Director will equip volunteers to walk in students lives, partner with parents in discipling their students, and manage all the day to day operations of a fast paced student ministry. This person will build, disciple, and equip the teams for future ministry, always prioritizing people over the tools needed to get ministry done.
- Fulfill the membership requirements of The Bridge (commit to model joyful generosity by tithing)
- Strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Ability to see and articulate the leadership behaviors of The Bridge
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Has positive energy, solution oriented, and works very well with others
- Experience building and leading volunteer teams
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage all student ministry day to day operations in Columbia.
- Create world class programing: weekly (Local Nights) where students are coming to know Christ and being discipled - includes teaching and resourcing other teachers.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of outreach events, retreats, camps and mission trips.
- Ensure Columbia students get to-and-from the monthly all student gathering in Spring Hill and ensure this is promoted and highly attended.
- Equip staff and volunteers to be the “pastors”of the students in their span of care where students feel known, cared for and loved.
- Communicate regularly with parents and leaders through email or text.
- Contribute to an engaging social media plan that supports all of Bridge Students
- Partner with parents to equip them to be the primary discipler of their student.
- Create a large vibrant presence on each local middle and high school campus in our community through staff, volunteers and students.
- Equip and train students to be spiritual leaders in Bridge Students environments and outside the church.
SCHEDULE: Monday, Wednesday, Sunday
HOURS: 29+ (must be available for special events & meetings, etc as needed)
STAFF LEVEL: Director: reports to the Columbia Campus Pastor